Library Working Hours
“To provide comprehensive collection of resources to our users and to guide them to make its efficient and effective use for personal growth and advancement”
Shankarrao Chavan Law College Library is established in the year 2003. SCLC Library manages information resources, both in print and digital formats, ensures seamless discovery and access to these scholarly resources. Library plays the most important role in any law college as it acts as the primary source of knowledge for law students. It offers access to text books, law reporters, reference books, journals, bare acts and audio-visual aids too. In addition to reference material, a law library acts as a place where young minds introspect, meet and discuss the intertwining of law and society
Shankarrao Chavan Law College’s Library provides its students the infrastructure and services for their intellectual enhancement. It is located at the ground floor of the college building with a reading room capacity of 110. SCLC Library is automated with I-SLIM Library Management software I-SLIM Version-(18.104.22.16816) is User-friendly and advanced integrated library automation management software. In it information retrieval is simple, fast and efficient. It provides high standard tools and techniques to manage library daily transactions and also provides various reports of library operations.
Bar-code technology is being used for circulation of books and periodicals. SCLC Library is equipped with WEB OPAC which can be accessed by students and faculty by scanning the QR Code through laptops and smart phones from anywhere. SCLC Library has USER TRACKING SYSTEM to register every entry of user which helps to keep track on the user usage of library and statistics of particular user.
The E-library has 80 computers exclusively for students to access legal databases and other resources subscribed as well open access e-resources. Library premise is covered under Wi-fi zone and CCTV system. Additionally, the library provides students with audio-visual and Xerox facilities.
In the current year SCLC LIBRARY has taken next step of advancement by launching M- LIBRARY MOBILE APP with association of KNIMBUS PVT.LTD. M-Library provides remote access to all our subscribed databases and it also provides every updating of library collection and service to our users on their mobile.
SCLC Library have best infrastructure which includes wide and attractive entrance and circulation area, with a good journal and Magazine section and New arrival display area, reorganization of reference and reading halls, providing a variety of DIVYANG SECTION- for specially- abled users, Competitive exam preparation section, AVANTAR VACHAN AREA, PhD Research area, digital knowledge lab and special staff work areas.
Law National Journals
|xii.||Times of India|
LAW INTERNATIONAL JOURNALS:
|Sr. No.||Name of Periodical|
|i.||The Cambridge Law Journal|
|ii.||Harvard Law Review|
|iii.||Crime Punishment & the Law an International Journal|
|iv.||International Journal of Crime Criminal Justice & Law|
|v.||Yale Journal of International|
|Sr. No.||Name of Periodical|
|ii.||CAREER & COMPETITION MONTHLY : CHRONICLE|
|iv.||COMPETITION SUCCESS REVIEW (G. K.)|
|v.||COMPETITION SUCCESS REVIEW ( SPIECIAL )|
|xvii.||DOWN TO EARTH|
|Sr. No.||NAME OF THE JOURNALS|
|i.||ALL INDIA REPORTER.|
|ii.||AIR ACCIDENT CLAIMS & COMPENSATION CASES.|
|iii.||AIR CIVIL CASES.|
|iv.||AIR LAW LINES.|
|v.||AIR CHEQUE DISHONOUR REPORTS.|
|vi.||AIR SUPREME COURT (WEEKLY).|
|vii.||CRIMINAL LAW JOURNAL|
|viii.||LABOUR & INDUSTRIAL CASES.|
|ix.||CONSUMER PROTECTION JUDGMENTS.|
|x.||DIVORCE & MATRIMONIAL CASES.|
|xi.||JOURNAL OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS.|
|xii.||LABOUR LAW JOURNAL.|
|xv.||LEGAL NEWS & VIEWS|
|xvi.||MAHARASHTRA LAW JOURNAL.|
|xvii.||ORIENT JOURNAL OF LAW AND SOCIAL SCIECE|
|xix.||RIGHT TO INFORMATION REPORTER|
|xx.||COMPANY CASES –HARD BOUND VOLUMES -6 VOLS|
|xxi.||INCOME TAX REPORTS –HARD BOUND VOLUMES -10 VOLS|
|xxii.||ARBITRATION LAW REPORTER|
|xxiv.||ICFAI LAW REVIEW.|
|xxv.||ICFAI SOFT SKILLS|
|xxvi.||BOMBAY CASE REPORTER|
|xxviii.||Contributions To Indian Sociology|
|xxix.||History And Sociology of South Asia|
|xxx.||Society And Culture in South Asia|
|xxxii.||Into Legal World|
|Sr. No.||NAME OF THE E-JOURNALS|
|i.||MANUPATRA ONLINE DATABASE|
|ii.||A I R Info Tech|
Library Regulations, Services & Facilities
- The admission to the library is permitted on production of valid I.D. Card issued by the college.
- Students are requested to sign the Gate Register kept at the counter.
- Students are requested to write the name in Register while entering in library.
- The student who is sitting in Reading Hall only can keep the bag in Library Rack.
- Don’t keep your Wallet, Money, and Mobile, Laptop or any other valuable things in the Library. Library does not accept any responsibility for loss or damage to personal property left on the premises.
- The property left at the counter must be taken back on the same day.
- Every Student should carry identity card/Library card and should produce it on demand.
- Student will be issued one book at a time. If there is some extra activities in college student will be issued books as per their demand.
- Books will be issued during the library timings only.
- Don’t exchange your library books among yourselves.
- Reference books, question paper sets and syllabus are available for reference only.
- Students are requested to return the book in time otherwise they will be charge fine.
- It is obligatory to return the library books even before due date, if demanded by the librarian.
- Books, magazines and question paper sets should be handled carefully.
- Please check the book before borrowing it.
- In case I- Card/Library card/ Library book is lost, kindly inform to the librarian immediately to prevent its misuse.
- Keep your mobile off. Keep silence in the library.
- Kindly avoid
a) Talking/ Gossiping
- If required; library staff has authority to check and inspect the belongings of the student.
- Librarian ultimate authority to stop anyone from entering and using library facilities under certain circumstances.
- Eatables are not allowed in the library.
Reading Hall Instructions
- Enter the name in the entry register.
- Identity card and Library card is compulsory.
- Talking loudly and group discussion is not permitted.
- Keep your mobile on silent mode.
- Eatables are strictly prohibited.
- Please switch off lights and fans when not in use.
- Entire Library area is under CCTV surveillance.
Facilities & Services
- Book lending service.
- News papers & journals.
- Reprographic service(Xerox)
- Reference service.
- Reading Room with capacity of 60students.
- Bound Volumes Available from 1925 to till date (AIR Cases, Labour Law Cases, Industrial Cases, etc…)
- Timing: 8.00A.M. TO 8.00P.M.
- Internet Bandwidth: 50 MBPS
- iOPAC Link: http://22.214.171.124:8181/iOPAC/
BOOKS CIRCULATION RULES
10.30 a.m. TO 3.00 p.m.
BOOKS CIRCULATION RULES
- Students should produce Library Card for issuing of books.
- Books can be renewed in person twice for 15 days unless they are reserved.
- Late fine of Rs.2/- per day is charged for book returned after due date.
- Users should replace the lost book with the latest edition of the book.
- Fine of Rs.2/- per day will be charged from the due date till the date of receipt of the book.
- In case of loss of ID card; Duplicate I.D. card will be issued to student on payment of Rs.50/-
The SCLC Library features a dedicated section specifically designed for individuals with disabilities (Divyang). Within this section, provisions have been made to cater to the needs of Visually Impaired students, including the availability of JAWS screen reader software. The library infrastructure is crafted to be Divyang-friendly, with a ramp (RAP) facility at the entrance for easy accessibility. Moreover, two computers are exclusively reserved for Divyang users, ensuring a conducive and inclusive learning environment.
Web OPAC is an acronym for "Web-based Online Public Access Catalog." In simpler terms, it is an online platform that serves as a gateway to our college library's collection of books, journals, periodicals, and other valuable resources. Our Web OPAC is designed to help you explore and access these resources with ease, from anywhere and at any time.
Web OPAC is a powerful tool that empowers students, faculty, and researchers to explore our library's rich collection of resources with ease and convenience. It's a vital addition to our commitment to enhancing the educational experience for all members of our college community.
Discover new materials related to your field of study through our recommendation feature, which suggests resources based on your previous searches and borrowing history.
How to Access Web OPAC:
- Visit college website (sclc.edu.in)
- Navigate to the "Library" section.
- Click on the "Web OPAC" or "Library Catalog"link.
- Start exploring the wealth of knowledge at your fingertips!
Data to be provided
Library Rules and Regulations
- Identity Card is compulsory for getting access to the library
- Every student of SCLC is allowed to borrow two text books for 10 days.
- If books are not returned within due date then Rs.2/- per day per book will be charged as an overdue charge.
- Silence to be maintained in the library.
- Registration should be done to become a library member prior to using the library resources.
- No personal belongings allowed inside the library.
- Textbooks, printed materials and issued books are not allowed to be taken inside the library.
- Using Mobile phones and audio instruments with or without speaker or headphone is strictly prohibited in the library premises.
- Library user should scan ID card at the entrance counter before entering library.
- Library user need Show the books and other materials which are being taken out of the library to the staff at the entrance counter.
- The librarian may recall any book from any member at any time and the member shall return the same immediately.
- Library borrower cards are not transferable. The borrower is responsible for the books borrowed on his/her card.
Admission to Library.
Students and faculty members are allowed to library only on production of their authorized/valid Identity Cards.
Working Hours of the Library.
Monday to Saturday 9.00 am to 6.00 pm
Circulation Issue System.
Books will be issued on presentation of the library card along with the ID card. Borrowers are instructed to check the books while borrowing and they will be responsible for any type of damage or mutilation noticed at the time of return.
If the books are lost, then the borrower shall replace the books of the same edition or latest edition or pay double cost of the book after getting permission from the librarian.
Loss of cards
Loss of ID card should be reported to the librarian. Duplicate card may be issued against formal application and fine Rs.50/-.
Validity of cards
Library borrower cards are valid for the entire duration of the course to access library facilities at the end of the course borrower cards shall be returned to the library.
No due Certificate
Each student shall obtain No dues certificate from the library after returning all the books issued, surrendering the borrower’s cards and after paying outstanding dues, if any.
Care of Library Books
Students are require to handle the books/ Journal very carefully; marking with pencil , writing or highlighting , tearing the pages or mutilating the same in any other way will be viewed very seriously. In such case reader shall be held responsible unless these are brought to the notice of the library staff at the time of issue.
This section has Encyclopedia, dictionaries, law reporters, reference books etc. which are only available for reference in library premises only.
In these section journals, general magazines and newsletter are available. The latest issues are displayed on display rack and other previous issues are arranged in the drawer. Bound volumes of periodicals are arranged in rack with chronological order and are meat only for reference within library.
|SR.NO||STUDENT TYPE||TEXT BOOK||DURATION||REFRENCE BOOK||DURATION|
|1||BALLB||02||10 DAYS||01||07 DAYS|
|2.||BBALLB||02||10 DAYS||01||07 DAYS|
|3.||LLB||02||10 DAYS||01||07 DAYS|
|4.||LLM||02||10 DAYS||01||07 DAYS|
|5.||PHD||02||10 DAYS||02||07 DAYS|
|6.||OTHER||02||10 DAYS||01||07 DAYS|
|SR.NO||FACULTY TYPE||TEXT BOOK||DURATION||REFRENCE BOOK||DURATION|
|1||FULL TIME||06||30 DAYS||01||15 DAYS|
|2.||PART TIME||02||25 DAYS||01||07 DAYS|
|3.||NON TEACHING||02||15 DAYS||01||07 DAYS|
Print and Web Resources
||General Knowledge books||448|
||Hard Black Bound Volumes (A.I.R)||704|
||E-Resources (online Database)||07|
|Name of the Course||Books|
|General Knowledge Books (Marathi)||448|
|Sr. No.||Name of the Journals|
||All India Reporter|
||Air Accident Claims & Compensation Cases|
||Air Civil Cases|
||Air Law Lines|
||Air Cheque Dishonour Reports|
||Air Supreme Court (Weekly)|
||Criminal Law Journal|
||Labour & Industrial Cases|
||Consumer Protection Judgments|
||Divorce & Matrimonial Cases|
||Journal of Intellectual Property Rights|
||Journal of the Indian Law Institute|
||Labour Law Journal|
||Legal News & Views|
||Maharashtra Law Journal|
||Arbitration Law Reporter|
||Right To Information Reporter|
||Company Cases –Hard Bound Volumes - 6 Volumes|
||Income Tax Reports –Hard Bound Volumes - 10 Volumes|
||ICFAI Law Review|
||ICFAI Soft Skills|
||Bombay Case Reporter|
|Sr. No.||Name of Periodicals|
||The Cambridge Law Journal|
||Harvard Law Review|
||Crime Punishment & the Law an International Journal|
||International Journal of Crime Criminal Justice & Law|
||Yale Journal of International|
|Sr. No.||Name of the Periodicals|
||Career & Competition Monthly: Chronicle|
||Competition Success Review (G. K.)|
||Competition Success Review (Special)|
||Down To Earth|
|Sr. No.||Name of the E-Journals/Online Databases|
||N - LIST|
||SCC with Hein Online Platinum|
||E-News Paper (The Hindu, Business Line)|
||E- Magazine (Frontline & Sportstar)|