As Thomas Jefferson rightly said, “A lawyer without books would be like a workman without tools.” A library plays the most important role in any law college as it acts as the primary source of knowledge for law students. It offers students of law access of reference books, journals, bare acts and audio-visual aids too. In addition to reference material, a law library acts as a place where young minds introspect, meet and discuss the intertwining of law and society.
Shankarrao Chavan Law College’s Library provides its students the infrastructure and services for their intellectual enhancement. It is located at the ground floor of the college building with a reading room capacity of 60. The library uses iSlim Software from 2017. System for Library Information and Management Library Automation is used for automatic and semi-automatic data processing machines to perform such traditional library activities as acquisition, cataloguing and circulation. Bar-code technology is being used for circulation of books and periodicals. Our Library is equipped with OPAC which can be accessed by students and faculty by scanning the QR Code through laptops and smart phones. The E-library has 80 computers exclusively for students to access legal databases and other resources subscribed as well open access. Library premises are covered under Wi-fi zone and CCTV system. Additionally, the library provides students with audio-visual and Xerox facilities.
Law National Journals
|xii.||Times of India|
LAW INTERNATIONAL JOURNALS:
|Sr. No.||Name of Periodical|
|i.||The Cambridge Law Journal|
|ii.||Harvard Law Review|
|iii.||Crime Punishment & the Law an International Journal|
|iv.||International Journal of Crime Criminal Justice & Law|
|v.||Yale Journal of International|
|Sr. No.||Name of Periodical|
|ii.||CAREER & COMPETITION MONTHLY : CHRONICLE|
|iv.||COMPETITION SUCCESS REVIEW (G. K.)|
|v.||COMPETITION SUCCESS REVIEW ( SPIECIAL )|
|xvii.||DOWN TO EARTH|
|Sr. No.||NAME OF THE JOURNALS|
|i.||ALL INDIA REPORTER.|
|ii.||AIR ACCIDENT CLAIMS & COMPENSATION CASES.|
|iii.||AIR CIVIL CASES.|
|iv.||AIR LAW LINES.|
|v.||AIR CHEQUE DISHONOUR REPORTS.|
|vi.||AIR SUPREME COURT (WEEKLY).|
|vii.||CRIMINAL LAW JOURNAL|
|viii.||LABOUR & INDUSTRIAL CASES.|
|ix.||CONSUMER PROTECTION JUDGMENTS.|
|x.||DIVORCE & MATRIMONIAL CASES.|
|xi.||JOURNAL OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS.|
|xii.||LABOUR LAW JOURNAL.|
|xv.||LEGAL NEWS & VIEWS|
|xvi.||MAHARASHTRA LAW JOURNAL.|
|xvii.||ORIENT JOURNAL OF LAW AND SOCIAL SCIECE|
|xix.||RIGHT TO INFORMATION REPORTER|
|xx.||COMPANY CASES –HARD BOUND VOLUMES -6 VOLS|
|xxi.||INCOME TAX REPORTS –HARD BOUND VOLUMES -10 VOLS|
|xxii.||ARBITRATION LAW REPORTER|
|xxiv.||ICFAI LAW REVIEW.|
|xxv.||ICFAI SOFT SKILLS|
|xxvi.||BOMBAY CASE REPORTER|
|xxviii.||Contributions To Indian Sociology|
|xxix.||History And Sociology of South Asia|
|xxx.||Society And Culture in South Asia|
|xxxii.||Into Legal World|
|Sr. No.||NAME OF THE E-JOURNALS|
|i.||MANUPATRA ONLINE DATABASE|
|ii.||A I R Info Tech|
Library Regulations, Services & Facilities
- The admission to the library is permitted on production of valid I.D. Card issued by the college.
- Students are requested to sign the Gate Register kept at the counter.
- Students are requested to write the name in Register while entering in library.
- The student who is sitting in Reading Hall only can keep the bag in Library Rack.
- Don’t keep your Wallet, Money, and Mobile, Laptop or any other valuable things in the Library. Library does not accept any responsibility for loss or damage to personal property left on the premises.
- The property left at the counter must be taken back on the same day.
- Every Student should carry identity card/Library card and should produce it on demand.
- Student will be issued one book at a time. If there is some extra activities in college student will be issued books as per their demand.
- Books will be issued during the library timings only.
- Don’t exchange your library books among yourselves.
- Reference books, question paper sets and syllabus are available for reference only.
- Students are requested to return the book in time otherwise they will be charge fine.
- It is obligatory to return the library books even before due date, if demanded by the librarian.
- Books, magazines and question paper sets should be handled carefully.
- Please check the book before borrowing it.
- In case I- Card/Library card/ Library book is lost, kindly inform to the librarian immediately to prevent its misuse.
- Keep your mobile off. Keep silence in the library.
- Kindly avoid
a) Talking/ Gossiping
- If required; library staff has authority to check and inspect the belongings of the student.
- Librarian ultimate authority to stop anyone from entering and using library facilities under certain circumstances.
- Eatables are not allowed in the library.
Reading Hall Instructions
- Enter the name in the entry register.
- Identity card and Library card is compulsory.
- Talking loudly and group discussion is not permitted.
- Keep your mobile on silent mode.
- Eatables are strictly prohibited.
- Please switch off lights and fans when not in use.
- Entire Library area is under CCTV surveillance.
Facilities & Services
- Book lending service.
- News papers & journals.
- Reprographic service(Xerox)
- Reference service.
- Reading Room with capacity of 60students.
- Bound Volumes Available from 1925 to till date (AIR Cases, Labour Law Cases, Industrial Cases, etc…)
- Timing: 8.00A.M. TO 8.00P.M.
- Internet Bandwidth: 50 MBPS
- iOPAC Link: http://188.8.131.52:8181/iOPAC/
BOOKS CIRCULATION RULES
10.30 a.m. TO 3.00 p.m.
BOOKS CIRCULATION RULES
- Students should produce Library Card for issuing of books.
- Books can be renewed in person twice for 15 days unless they are reserved.
- Late fine of Rs.2/- per day is charged for book returned after due date.
- Users should replace the lost book with the latest edition of the book.
- Fine of Rs.2/- per day will be charged from the due date till the date of receipt of the book.
- In case of loss of ID card; Duplicate I.D. card will be issued to student on payment of Rs.50/-
The purpose of OPAC or the Online Public Access Catalogue to make the digital resources search faster & easier for the students by offering a digital library catalogue. They can identify the number of copies left in the library, its location, and such crucial information and then visit the library to get the books. For e-books, they can directly get information & access it at any point of time.PLEASE CLICK HERE TO ACCESS:
Link to be provided
Data to be provided
Library Regulations and Services
All the Library facilities are provided to faculty members, staff and students of the college free of cost. The facilities of the library can be availed by doctoral scholars enrolled at the Ph.D. Research Centre of the college too.
Reading Room and Reference Section
Library has an excellent reading room with 60 comfortable chairs and tables with a separate reference section. There is one common reading room, which is open from 10 Am to 5 PM on working days for all the students.
E-Library & Wi-Fi Facility
All the 80 computers are connected to the Internet. Students can use e-library to access subscribed E-Resources as well Open Educational Resources to complete their project work. Wi-Fi facility is available in the library premises.
Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC)/Web-OPAC
Library has OPAC of its holdings and users can search databases of books and journals through Title, Author, Subject, etc. OPAC helps the users to search books database of the library and the status of Books and other documents.
Circulation (Issue/Return of Books)
Library Members may borrow 2 books and Ph.D. Scholars 4 books at a time for home for 7 days. A fine of Rs. 2 per day per book will be charged if books are not returned on time. Reference books are not allowed for home lending. For the Reading Room Students can access any number of books as for this purpose the Library is under Open Access System. The library uses ‘User Tracking System’ on entry and exit of students in the library.
Library provides photocopy and printouts service (reading material only) to the students at nominal charges.
At the beginning of every academic year, orientation programmes are organized in the library for new students. Orientation programme includes library tour, familiarity with OPAC, reference and allied tools useful for legal research. Students are guided by the library staff to be familiar with the collection and its location within the library. Library staff also organises Training Programmes for the students of UG/PG Courses on "How to Search Legal Databases and Open Educational Resources".
Membership of National Digital Library of India
Our library has Institutional Membership of National Digital Library of India
Print and Web Resources
||General Knowledge books||448|
||Hard Black Bound Volumes (A.I.R)||704|
||E-Resources (online Database)||07|
|Name of the Course||Books|
|General Knowledge Books (Marathi)||448|
|Sr. No.||Name of the Journals|
||All India Reporter|
||Air Accident Claims & Compensation Cases|
||Air Civil Cases|
||Air Law Lines|
||Air Cheque Dishonour Reports|
||Air Supreme Court (Weekly)|
||Criminal Law Journal|
||Labour & Industrial Cases|
||Consumer Protection Judgments|
||Divorce & Matrimonial Cases|
||Journal of Intellectual Property Rights|
||Journal of the Indian Law Institute|
||Labour Law Journal|
||Legal News & Views|
||Maharashtra Law Journal|
||Arbitration Law Reporter|
||Right To Information Reporter|
||Company Cases –Hard Bound Volumes - 6 Volumes|
||Income Tax Reports –Hard Bound Volumes - 10 Volumes|
||ICFAI Law Review|
||ICFAI Soft Skills|
||Bombay Case Reporter|
|Sr. No.||Name of Periodicals|
||The Cambridge Law Journal|
||Harvard Law Review|
||Crime Punishment & the Law an International Journal|
||International Journal of Crime Criminal Justice & Law|
||Yale Journal of International|
|Sr. No.||Name of the Periodicals|
||Career & Competition Monthly: Chronicle|
||Competition Success Review (G. K.)|
||Competition Success Review (Special)|
||Down To Earth|
|Sr. No.||Name of the E-Journals/Online Databases|
||N - LIST|
||SCC with Hein Online Platinum|
||E-News Paper (The Hindu, Business Line)|
||E- Magazine (Frontline & Sportstar)|