MMM’s Shakarrao Chavan Law College, Pune has constituted the Anti Ragging Committee and Anti Ragging Squad as per Maharashtra Prohibition of Ragging Act, 1999 and UGC Regulation on Curbing the Menace of Ragging in Higher Education Institutions, 2009. Anti Ragging Committee is constituted as per Regulation no. 6.3 (a) and Anti Ragging Squad as per Regulation no. 6.3 (c) of UGC Regulation on Curbing the Menace of Ragging in Higher Education Institutions, 2009.Ragging is strictly prohibited in the premises of the institute. The college has taken all necessary precautions to prevent the act of ragging in college premises. Strong disciplinary action will be initiated if any student found to be guilty in the act of ragging.
- To uphold and comply with the directions of the Hon'ble Supreme Court and be vigilant on any acts amounting to ragging.
- To publicize to all students the directives and the actions that can be taken against those indulging in ragging.
- To consider the complaints received from the students and conduct enquiry and submit report to the Anti- Ragging Committee along with punishment recommended for the offenders.
- Oversee the procedure of obtaining undertaking from the students in accordance with the provisions.
- Conduct workshops against ragging menace and orient the students.
- To provide students the information pertaining to contact address and telephone numbers of the person(s) identified to receive complaints/distress calls.
- To offer services of counselling and create awareness to the students.
- To take all necessary measures for prevention of Ragging inside the Campus/ Hostels.
- Any act of Indiscipline, Teasing or Handling with Rudeness.
- Any act that Prevents, Disrupts the Regular Academic Activity.
- Any activity which is likely to cause Annoyance, hardship, Psychological Harm or creates Fear or Apprehension.
- Any Act of Financial Extortion or Forceful Expenditure.
- Any Act of Physical Abuse causing Assault, Harm or danger to Health.
- Any Act of abuse by spoken words, emails, SMS or public insult etc.
- Any Act of injury or infringement of the fundamental right to the human dignity.
- Any Act of Wrongful Confinement, Kidnapping, molesting or committing unnatural offences, use of criminal forces, trespass or intimidation.
- Any unlawful assembly or conspiracy to ragging.
- any conduct by any student or students whether by words spoken or written or by an act which has the effect of teasing, treating or handling with rudeness a fresher or any other student.
- indulging in rowdy or indiscipline activities by any student or students which causes or is likely to cause annoyance, hardship, physical or psychological harm or to raise fear or apprehension thereof in any fresher or any other student.
- asking any student to do any act which such student will not in the ordinary course do and which has the effect of causing or generating a sense of shame, or torment or embarrassment so as to adversely affect the physique or psyche of such fresher or any other student
- any act by a senior student that prevents, disrupts or disturbs the regular academic activity of any other student or fresher
- exploiting the services of a fresher or any other student for completing the academic tasks assigned to an individual or a group of students.
- any act of financial extortion or forceful expenditure burden put on a fresher or any other student by students.
- any act of physical abuse including all variants of it: sexual abuse, homosexual assaults, stripping, forcing obscene and lewd acts, gestures, causing bodily harm or any other danger to health or person.
- any act or abuse by spoken words, emails, post, public insults which would also include deriving perverted pleasure, vicarious or sadistic thrill from actively or passively participating in the discomfort to fresher or any other student.
- any act that affects the mental health and self-confidence of a fresher or any other student with or without an intent to derive a sadistic pleasure or showing off power, authority or superiority by a student over any fresher or any other student.
- Cancellation of admission
- Suspension from attending classes
- Withholding/withdrawing scholarship/fellowship and other benefits
- Debarring from appearing in any test/examination or other evaluation process
- Withholding results
- Debarring from representing the institution in any regional, national or international meet, tournament, youth festival, etc.
- Suspension/expulsion from the hostel
- Rustication from the institution for period ranging from 1 to 4 semesters
- Expulsion from the institution and consequent debarring from admission to any other institution.
- Collective punishment: when the persons committing or abetting the crime of ragging are not identified, the institution shall resort to collective punishment as a deterrent to ensure community pressure on the potential raggers.
- Through the notified contact details of the Committee members, and national help-line number on ragging for necessary relief in terms of the provisions of the UGC Regulations.- Anti Ragging Toll free Helpline no.: 1800-180-5522
- Through any other member of the Institute.
- From any external source.
Following behaviour is strictly prohibited in college premises:
DEFINITION OF RAGGING:
Definition of Ragging as per UGC Regulations, 2009:
Ragging constitutes one or more of any of the following acts:
PUNISHMENT TO THOSE FOUND GUILTY:
Any student or group of students found guilty of ragging in the campus or even outside the campus shall be liable to one or more of the following punishments-
WHERE SHOULD YOU APPROACH?
The information on ragging can be received in the following manner:
COMPOSITION (A.Y. 2021-22 to 2023-24)
|Sr. No.||Name of the Member||Designation||Contact Details|
|1.||Dr. Kranti Deshmukh||Chairman (Principal)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|2.||Dr. Pravin Motiwala||Member(Civil Administration Representative)||email@example.com|
|3.||Mr. Suresh Dange||Member(Police Administration Representative)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|4.||Mr. Mahesh Jagtap||Member(Local Media Representative)||email@example.com|
|5.||Mangeshi Munim||Member (NGO Representative)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|6.||Dr. Vikas Bhatnagar||Member(Teaching Representative)||email@example.com|
|7.||Dr. Bhagwan Gawali||Member(Teaching Representative)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|8.||Adv. Shubhangi Deshmukh||Member(Parents Representative)||email@example.com|
|9.||Mr. Armaan Singh||Member (Student Representative- Fresher)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|10.||Ms. Pragya Sharma (BBA.L.L.B.)||Member (Student Representative- Senior)||email@example.com|
|11.||Dr. Nagnath Bansode||Member(Non Teaching Representative)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
ANTI RAGGING SQUAD (A.Y. 2021-22 to 2023-24)
|Sr. No.||Name of the Member||Contact Details|
|1.||Dr. Vikas Bhatnagar||9673158518|
|2.||Dr. Bhagwan Gawali||8554960931|
|3.||Dr. Revati Naik||9881712873|
|4.||Dr. Nagnath Bansode||9503358920|
|5.||Mrs. Seema Khadke||7276115685|
Dr. Vikas Bhatnagar - 9673158518
Dr. Bhagwan Gawali - 8554960931
Email Id: email@example.com