College Development Committee (CDC)
The Management of Marathwada Mitra Mandal, Pune has constituted the College Development Committee for the Shankarrao Chavan Law College, Deccan Gymkhana, Pune, 411004 in accordance with provisions of sec 97 of the Maharashtra Public Universities Act, 2016. The prime objective of the College Development Committee is to prepare a comprehensive plan of the development of the institute on annual basis like academic, placement, infrastructure, admission and administrative functions.
Functions of CDC
According sec. 97(5) of the Maharashtra Public Universities Act, 2016 the CDC shall-
- (a) prepare an overall comprehensive development plan of the college regarding academic, administrative and infrastructural growth, and enable college to foster excellence in curricular, co-curricular and extra-curricular activities.
- (b) decide about the overall teaching programmes or annual calendar of the colleg.
- (c) recommend to the management about introducing new academic courses and the creation of additional teaching and administrative posts.
- (d) take review of the self-financing courses in the college, if any, and make recommendations for their improvement.
- (e) make specific recommendations to the management to encourage and strengthen research culture, consultancy and extension activities in the college.
- (f) make specific recommendations to the management to foster academic collaborations to strengthen teaching and research.
- (g) make specific recommendations to the management to encourage the use of information and communication technology in teaching and learning process.
- (h) make specific recommendations regarding the improvement in teaching and suitable training programmes for the employees of the college.
- (i) prepare the annual financial estimates (budget) and financial statements of the college or institution and recommend the same to the management for approval.
- (j) formulate proposals of new expenditure not provided for in the annual financial estimates (budget).
- (k) make recommendations regarding the students' and employees' welfare activities in the college or institution.
- (l) discuss the reports of the Internal Quality Assurance Committee and make suitable recommendations.
- (m) frame suitable admissions procedure for different programmes by following the statutory norms.
- (n) plan major annual events in the college, such as annual day, sports events, cultural events, etc.
- (o) recommend the administration about appropriate steps to be taken regarding the discipline, safety and security issues of the college or institution.
- (p) consider and make appropriate recommendations on inspection reports, local inquiry reports, audit report, report of National Assessment and Accreditation Council, etc.
- (q) recommend the distribution of different prizes, medals and awards to the studets.
- (r) prepare the annual report on the work done by committee for the year ending on the 30th June and submit the same to the management of such college and the university.
- (s) perform such other duties and exercise such other powers as may be entrusted by the management and the university.
Composition (A.Y. 2022-2023 to 2026-2027):
|Sr. No.||Name||Official Designation||Designation in the committee|
|1.||Prin. B.G. Jadhav||Exe. President Marathwada Mitra Mandal||Chairperson|
|2.||Shri. K.H. Mungale||Secretory of Marathwada Mitra Mandal||Secretary|
|3.||Shri.V.V. Shahpurkar||Former Principal Judge Family Court Pune and President of Family Counselling Centre||Local Expert|
|4.||Adv.Dr. Sureshchandra Bhosale||Eminent Lawyer||Local Expert|
|5.||Ms. DhanshreeGhare||Educational Psychologist||Local Expert|
|6.||Adv. Anil Nagargoje||Advocate and alumni of SCLC||Local Expert-Alumni SCLC|
|7.||Asst. Prof. Dr. BhagwanGawali||Head of the Department||Head of the Department, PG Dept, and Senior faculty member|
|8.||Asst. Prof. Dr. Sourabh Ubale||Senior Faculty Member||IQAC Coordinator|
|9.||Asst. Prof. Revati Naik||Senior Faculty Member||Teaching Representative|
|10.||Asst. Prof. Dr.Vikas Bhatnagar||Senior Faculty Member||Teaching Representative|
|11.||Ms. TapasviKhairnar||Librarian||Teaching Representative|
|12.||Dr NagnathBansode||Office Superintendent||Non-Teaching Representative|
|13.||Mr. Vaishnav Kshirsagar||President Student Council||Student Council Representative|
|14.||Ms. Suvidhi Jain||Student Council Representative||Student Council Representative|
|15.||Dr. Kranti Deshmukh||Principal||Member Secretary & Off. Principal, MMM’s Shankarrao Chavan Law College, Pune|