Right to get information is the legal right of every citizen recognized and protected under the Right to Information Act, 2005. UGC has made it mandatory for the Universities and Colleges to constitute RTI Committee at the Institute level to provide a mechanism to enforce the right and to comply the prerequisites of the Right to Information Act, 2005. MMM’s Shankarrao Chavan Law College, Pune has constituted Right to Information Committee (RTI) as per Right to Information Act, 2005.
- The basic object of the Right to Information Act is to empower the citizens, promote transparency and accountability in the working of the Government, contain corruption, and make our democracy work for the people in real sense.
- It maintains the necessary records of the college and provides the information of the institute.
- It provides information on the social welfare scheme of Government of Maharashtra.
- To act as a coordinating unit that works for the welfare of the students.
- To deal with all affairs related to SC, ST scholarships and reservations available in the Indian Government Policy.
- Addressing the inquiry applications and providing necessary information within stipulated time period.
How to Apply:
- The student can submit an application of inquiry to the committee.
- After receiving the application, the RTI Committee will make inquiry and provide the relevant information.
Composition of the Right to Information Committee (A.Y. 2021-22 to 2023-24)
|Sr. No.||Name||Designation||Contact Details|
|1.||Dr. Kranti Deshmukh||Appellate Authorityemail@example.com|
|2.||Ms. Krushna Ghatul||Public Information Officerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|3.||Dr. Nagnath Bansode||Asst. Public Information Officeremail@example.com|
Asst. Prof. Krushna Ghatul - 9403776852
Dr.Nagnath Bansode - 9503358920
Email Id: firstname.lastname@example.org