A. Legal Aid-
Legal Aid refers to any service provided in the conduct of any case or other legal proceeding before any court or other authority and the advice provided on any legal matter. Legal aid is required for many reasons and at various stages, for obtaining guidance and for resolving disputes in Courts, tribunals or other authorities. Legal aid is one of the means to ensure that the opportunities for securing justice are not denied to any person by reason of poverty, illiteracy, etc. Legal aid is free legal assistance to the poor and weaker sections of the society with the object to enable them to exercise the rights given to them by law.
B. Governing Law-
“Legal Aid in India is governed by the Legal Services Authorities Act, 1987 and various related regulations and State based legislations. Article 39-A in the Directive Principles of State Policy (1976) ensures justice on the basis of equal opportunity by providing free legal aid. Articles 14 and 21 of the Constitution of India also provide for the Right to equality before law as under the Right to Equality and the Right to protection of life and personal liberty as under the Right to Freedom respectively.”
C. Legal Aid Centre-
Being an important stakeholder in the legal field, we owe a duty towards society to shoulder the responsibility of providing legal aid to the masses at large. The institutional support provided through Legal Aid Centre of the College will help the society to have access to justice through expertise without any expenses. The students on the other hand will benefit from the practical exposure and knowledge which they will gain and explore being a part of this Centre and while working on various projects and activities undertaken by the Centre.
- Panel of Eight Advocates
- Student coordinator
- Committee of 20 students
- Any common man unable to obtain legal aid due to financial reasons.
- Any social institutions which are working in spreading socio-legal awareness of various topics.
Names of Faculty Coordinators
- Dr. Ashwini Ingole
- Dr. Sudhir Tarote
Names of Student Coordinators
- Mr. Vedant Bhagwat
- Mr. Omkar Tathe
- Ms. SilakshnaGhule
- Ms. Disha Hatkar
The Centre shall conduct the following activities throughout the academic year 2019-2020
MOU with Schizophrenia Awareness Association (SAA)
Schizophrenia Awareness Association (SAA) is not for profit organization based in the city of Pune, in Maharashtra state SAA is working since from 1997for the persons with mental illness and their families.
MOU with Prithvi Skills
The MOU was executed to impart practical knowledge to the students and to give them on field experience through this MOU three students of the college could successfully complete the research and training offered by prithvi skills.
Names of Prominent Guests Visited Our College in the Last 5 Years, Along with Dates
- Shri. Amrut Bang, vPrograme Director in Collaboration with “Nirman” (26-08-2022)
- Adv. Nandini Sahasane and Mr. Anand Bakhade(29.08.2022)
- Shri. S.C. Chandak, PDJ Pune District CourtDate- 10-11-2022
- Mr. Vinod Bodhankar, Joint Director of Sagar-Mitra dated 18-11-2022
- Hon’bleProf.Dr.ShailendraDeolankar(Director, Directorate of Higher Education, Government of Maharashtra) Dated 27-05-2022
- Shri. J. P. Singh (Assistant Registrar, Bharatiya Bhasha Samiti)Dated 27-05-2022
- Advocate Uday Warunjikar (Senior Advocate, Bombay High Court, Mumbai)Dated 27-05-2022
- Advocate Suresh Chandra Bhosale (Senior Advocate, Bombay High Court, Mumbai)Dated 27-05-2022
- Shri. B. G. Jadhav (Executive President, Marathwada Mitra Mandal)Dated 27-05-2022
- Ms. Sujata Bhujang (Principal, Western Regional Language Centre, Pune)Dated 27-05-2022
- Hon’ble Pratap Sawant, Secretary DLSA, Pune Dated 25-09-2021
- Principal District Judge, Pune District Court, Secretary, DLSA, Pune Dated 02-10-2021
- Mrs. NeelimaKirane, Psychologist Dated 04-10-2021
- Dr. Bhakti Sisodiya, (Psychiatrist, Psychotherapist) Dated 09-10-2021
- Mr. PradhumnaMalpani Dated 12-10-2021
- Dr.MayuraSabne, Assistant Professor Dated 15-10-2021
- Dr. Swati Rautela, Director University OF Mumbai, Law Academy Dated 09-11-2021
- Ms. SampurnaaBharadwaj,Child Rights Practitioner associates Utsah Child Rights Organization Guwahati Dated 14-11-2021
- Dr. Bhakti Murkey-Sisodiya, (Psychiatrist | Psychotherapist | Speaker), Assistant Professor, Department of Psychiatry, Pacific Medical College & Hospital, Udaipur Dated 09-10-2021
- Mr. PradhumnaMalpani, Forum In-charge, Think India Rights ForumDated 12-10-2021
- Dr. Shirish Kulkarni, Symbiosis Law School, Pune. Dated 28-03-2022 Dated 27-05-2022
- Justice A.A. Syed,Secretary of National Legal Services Authority 27-05-2022
- Justice S.S. Shinde,ExSecretary of National Legal Services Authority 27-05-2022
- Justice Prasanna Varale, Secretary of National Legal Services Authority 27-05-2022
- Ashok Kumar Jain, Secretary of Maharashtra State Legal Services Authority27-05-2022
- D. P. President of Surana and District Legal Services Authority, Pune 27-05-2022
- S.A. Deshmukh was present at the seminar. 27-05-2022
- Pratap Sawant of District Legal Services Authority27-05-2022
- Adv. Dr. Sureshchandra Bhosale, the renowned academician Dated 13-07-2020.
- Meeran C. Borwankar, IPS Officer Dated 06-08-2021
- Dr. Manpreet Singh Manna Former Director AICTE MHR,Professor SLIET LongowalMHRD University. Dated 04-02-2020
- Dr. Pooja Rastogi, Professormarketing’s,AnsalUniversity, Gurugram Dated 04-02-2020
- Dr. BinduSamual Ronald, Professor, Symbiosis Law School,Pune. Dated 05-02-2020
- Dr. Rasheed ShaikhPrincipal,A.K.K.New Academy, Pune.Dated 05-02-2020
- Asst. Prof. Suman PandeyDept. of Physical Education, SPPU, Pune. Dated 05-02-2020
- Prof. Kalyan TanksaleFounder & Director,Samagra Initiative,Anot for profit Sustainability Research Organization, PuneDated 06-02-2020
- Dr. AtmaramShelke,Deputy Director,Symbiosis law schoolSymbiosis international University, Pune. Dated 06-02-2020
- Dr. Naresh Waghmare, Associate Professor Dept. of Law,SPPU, Pune.Dated 07-02-2020
- Dr. Rohini HonapPrincipal,DES Shri NavalmalFirodia, Law College, Pune. Dated 07-02-2020
- Adv S. E. Avhad Eminent Layer, Pune Bar Dated 08-02-2020
- Mr. VivekVelankarVeteran Writer & RTI Activist Pune.09-02-2020
- Dr. Swati Rautela,Associate Professor,Department of Law, Mumbai. Dated 09-02-2020
- Dr. Duagambini Patel Professor Dept. of Law SPPU, Pune Dated 10-02-2020
- Adv. Ajay Mehta, An Eminent Mediation Trainer &Expert in Negotiations & communications skills,Mumbai. Dated 11-02-2020
- Adv. B.R.Pathak Eminent LawyerPune ,Bar Dated 10-02-2020
- Adv. BhushanPansare Associate Partner D.S.K.Legal,Pune.Dated 10-02-2020
- Abhijeet Randiwe Creative Head & Member Selection Committee,Pune International Film Festival,Veteran Translator Column Writer,Pune. Dated 11-02-2020.
Visit to prison
Total 97 students visited to Yerwada prison
Student of Legal Aid Centre had an opportunity to visit yerawade central jail which is in Pune on 28-03-2022. Total 53 students along with four faculties of Shankarrao Chavan Law College, visited the open prison jail. This visit gave us a great opportunity to wander across the jail. At around 01:30 we went inside the Premises of jail and we have gone through the formalities like checking procedures. After going through formalities, at central jail we met jail officer Mr. Mankar sir. In jail there was a healthy discussion on the concept of jail. Jail authority provides a healthy and greenery environment for the prisoners, which helps in better reforming. Spread over an area of 512 acres of land it is a high security jail, marked with security zones, barracks and high alert areas. Students of Legal Aid Center got an opportunity to perform street play on Rights of Prisoner.
Participation as volunteers in Maha Lok Adalat
Total 60 students participated as volunteers in maha loh adalat. Students gets the knowledge about the alternative dispute redressal mechanisms
Participation asVolunteers for CET
The state common entrance test cell has been conducted Regional interaction programmer for improvement in centralized admission process of the professional course for the academic year 2020-2021.Students were voluntary services rendered during the Regional interaction program.
Legal aid and Legal Literacy Camp
B.A.LL.B V conducted the legal literacy camp in Madhyamic Vidyalya Kalyan on the ropic of Women safety and impottance of Education school
students from LL.B III conducted the legal literacy camp in Senapati Bapat Secondary school , MaleTal. Mulshi Dist. Pune.
Participation of students in Skit Play
Nukkad Natak street play competition was organised by ILS Law College in which the students from legal aid centre participated and won the first price
Achievements of Legal Aid Centre
Appreciation makes people feel valued and drives them to do their best. It also helps with wellbeing and mental health, so it really can make a difference .Efforts, Work and Dedication of Legal Aid Centre, its Volunteers and Co-Ordinator’s has been appreciated by different Governmental and Non-governmental agencies.
|Centre Received Appreciation from Vegan Outreach
|Appreciation of Volunteers for assisting National Lok Adalat
|Appreciation of Principal SCLC
|Appreciation of Co-Ordinator’s of Legal Aid Center
|Appriciation of Co-ordinators of the Legal aid Cenre for actively participated in Lok Adalat and PAN India Legal Awareness Program
Object and Outcome
The primary objectives of the Legal Aid Center are as follows:
- To provide free legal advice and assistance to individuals from marginalized and underprivileged communities.
- To raise legal awareness and empower individuals to understand their rights and responsibilities.
- To promote social justice and contribute to the betterment of the community.
- To enhance the practical legal skills of law students by involving them in real-world cases.
Events Conducted by the Cell/ Centre/ Department/ Competition
- Organizing Street Play Competition “JagrutiKarandak”
- Assisting DALSA for various activities
- Participation in Legal Aid Clinic
- Prison Visit and Legal Aid to Prisoners
- Outstation legal Literacy Programs
- Organizing Guest Lectures for Awareness
- Drafting Newsletters and written material promoting legal awareness
- Participation in Lok Adalat&Maha Lok Adalat
- Collaboration with other Social institutions
- Volunteering for Mental health awareness
Dr. Ashwini Ingole - 9423508945
Dr. Sudhir Tarote - 9822127888
Email Id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Address:202/A, Deccan Gymkhana, Pune-411004