Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes Committee at Marathwada Mitra Mandal’s Shankarrao Chavan Law College, Pune has been constituted to address the grievances of the SC/ST Students. It looks into discrimination complained by SC/ST students. It also takes special interest to facilitate financial support to the SC/ST students from Government agencies.
The objectives of the Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled (SC/ST) Committee are as follows:
- To create the awareness among the students about anti-discrimination laws in India.
- To counsel and guide the SC/ST students and help them to face social challenges. Guide them to manage academic and personal issues of the college life effectively.
- To provide a permanent mechanism for the redressal of grievances of SC/ST students at the Institute.
- To conduct the enquiries into complaints of discrimination by SC/ST students and provide a redressal.
- To provide protection and reservation as provided in the Constitution of India.
- To provide the facilities and create awareness among the SC/ST students about the scholarships programs of the State Government and UGC.
- To uphold the commitment of the Institute to provide discrimination free environment.
- To create a secure physical and social environment to deter any form of discrimination.
- To promote a social and psychological environment to raise awareness about caste discrimination.
How to file a Complaint:
- Any aggrieved SC/ST student may register a complaint in the office complaint register or through online portal.
- He/ She may also contact any member of the committee via email or call on given mobile numbers.
COMPOSITION OF SC/ST COMMITTEE: (A.Y. 2021-22 to 2023-24)
|Sr. No.||Name of the Member||Designation||Contact Details|
|1.||Dr. Kranti Deshmukh||Chairman (Principal)||email@example.com|
|2.||Dr. Purva Kartik||Member(Teaching Representative)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|3.||Mrs. Krushna Ghatul||Member(Teaching Representative)||email@example.com|
|4.||Dr. Nagnath Bansode||Member(Non-Teaching Representative)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|5.||Dr. Sudam Gayke||Member (External Expert)||email@example.com|
|6.||Mr. Tathagat Barge||Member (Student Representative)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
In case of emergency, the aggrieved person may contact following members of the committee.
Asst. Prof. Krushna Ghatul - 8007951212
Dr.Nagnath Bansode - 9503358920
Email Id: email@example.com