With the object to edify value based legal education the Marathwada Mitra Mandal, Pune started the Law College in the name of its Founder President Late Shri Shankarrao Chavan with five years law course in the year June, 2003 & Three years Law course in June, 2004. We determine that the education is purely the psyche of a society as it inflates up on one generation to the other.
SCLC strongly believes that “Accomplishments are made by Efforts” With the mandate of providing qualitative and professional legal education SCLC is shaping &moulding its arms for budding lawyers. Though there are many milestones during this journey but there are many which are to be achieved
Present Legal education demands skill based professional training with technological advancements. Law has always played pivotal role in shaping and regulating the society. However due to dynamic nature of the society it keeps changing and accordingly law & legal education also should be changed. To achieve these goals the institute has prepared following strategic plan
- The institute aims to become a globally acclaimed Centre of Excellence in imparting Legal Education.
- Skill based professional legal education training to students so as to make them capable & competent in global competitions. For this autonomy is indispensible. We are looking forward to make our legal education centre Autonomous.
- SCLC is keen to provide practical hands through training that will enable the budding lawyers to successfully enter, hold & sustain themselves in this noble profession of law.
- Starting various inter-disciplinary certificate courses for maximum practical exposure.
- Starting Ph.D. Research Centre in Law
- Undertaking consultancy projects to provide practical hands to students.
- International Collaborations & linkages with global intellectuals, international bodies, academicians, recruiters to upgrade career advancement opportunities for students.
- SCLC wishes to cross barriers of traditional teaching-learning methodology and want to give maximum exposure which is required for students.
- SCLC is keen to provide opportunities for overall development of students & make them acquainted with skills and practices which are required in legal profession like research skills, oratory, communication skills, proficiency in English, soft skills etc.
Future Plans of action for next academic year
In accordance with the Vision and Mission and keeping an eye on rapid development in society, the institution is planning to have the following for academic year 2020-2021:
- 1. To establish CENTRE FOR LAW, PUBLIC POLICY & GOVERNANCE aiming at understanding, critiquing, and reforming the laws, public policies and building the practical approach; also aiming in action-oriented research and capacity development in the stakeholders regarding the public policy and good governance. It is to support and develop the interest of students and inculcating skills in legislative or policy drafting.
- 2. To establish CENTRE FOR CRIMINAL JUSTICE ADMINISTRATION for study and Research in all stakeholders of Criminal Justice Administration which includes; Investigation (Police), Prosecution, Court and Prison Administration which includes other important players/stakeholders i.e. Accused, victim of crime, witness and Juveniles etc.; And also to undertake research projects & to form the study groups
- 3. To conduct Late Hon’bleShriShankarraoChavan National Legislation Drafting Competition to inculcate the legislative drafting skills in students from different corners of India
- 4. To have International collaboration with Nepal Law Campus
- 5. To proceed MoU with The Faculty of Law, University of Colombo, Colombo (SRI LANKA) & to have Faculty Exchange Programme
- 6. To Publish edited book in collaboration with The Centre for the Study of Human Rights (CSHR), The Faculty of Law, University of Colombo, Colombo (SRI LANKA)
- 7. To grow E-Content Development Wing of Centre for Academic Research, Publication & E-content in Law
- 8. To have publication of research done by students during 2019-2020
- 9. To introduce four Certificate Courses on Decoding Corporate & Real Estate Transactions & Drafting; Certified Workshop on Contract Management; Medical Jurisprudence & Forensic Science; Tools & Techniques of Mediation and Negotiation
- 10. To send our students for Internships with Government Entities such as NHRC, CCI, MCA, Police Research Institutes, etc.
- 11. To conduct International Seminar on International Law and Career Prospects.