Dr. Purva Kartik
BSL, LLB, LLM, NET-JRF,MPHIL, PHD
Assistant Professor (Law)
PhD Thesis Title: Caste Discrimination in International Law: Norms, Institutions and Practices
Area of Interest/Research: Public International Law, Private International
Law, Legal Theory, Corporate Law, Banking Law.
- Caste Discrimination, Indian Democracy and International Law- A Critical Study” published by University Grant Commission in Souvenir 2012 with ISBN – 978-81- 922414-6-3
- Indian Diaspora in United Kingdom: Legal Protection Against Caste Discrimination” published in World Focus Indocentric Foreign Affairs Monthly Journal Vol.35 (1), (2014) 53-55. ISSN: 2230-8458
- Contributed a e-module for University Grant Commissions E-PG Pathshala titled as “ Caste Discrimination in the International Human Rights Context” available at http://epgp.inflibnet.ac.in/view_search.php? & category=10343%20&ft=sa
- Paper presented at two days UGC sponsored State Level Seminar on the theme “Human Rights and Concept of the Indian Democracy in the Present Scenario” at MSP Mandal’s Shivaji Law College, Parbhani (Maharashtra) from 18-19 February, 2012. The paper titled as “Caste Discrimination, Indian Democracy and International Law- A Critical Study”.
- The paper on “Caste and International Law: Quest for the Alternatives in Social Justice” presented at two days National Seminar on Social Justice: Concepts, Strategies and Challenges, organised by Indian Institute of Public Administration, New Delhi from 21-22 March 2013.
- Paper presented on “Me Too Movement and Social Media: Reflections on the Priya Ramani case” at one day National Seminar Virtual on Social Media Manipulation of Public Opinion- A Growing Threat to Democracy, organised by Amity Law School, Amity University, Madhya Pradesh on 6th March 2021.
- Paper presented on “Challenges to International Human Rights Mechanism: A Case Study of India” at International Conference on Liberal International Order and its Challenges, organised by Centre for International Politics and Law, Institute of Legal Studies and Research, GLA University in collaboration with Department of Political Science and Human Rights I.G. National Tribal University, MP.
- Attended workshop on “Capacity Building Programme on Research and Data Analysis” from 29/3/2012 to 10/05/2012 organised by Centre for the Study of Law & Governance, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi.
- Successfully completed four weeks “Induction/Orientation Program for faculty in universities/colleges/institution in Higher Education” Organised by Teaching Learning Centre, Ramanujan College, University of Delhi.
- As convener organized the “One Day International Conference on The Fundamental Aspects of Human Liberty and Freedom of Expression” held on 21st May 2022 at Dr. Ambedkar College of Law, Aurangabad.
- As Coordinator organized Three Days Lecture Series in Celebration of Birth Anniversary of Dr. B.R. Ambedkar dated 11th April to 13th April 2022.
- As coordinator organized the special lecture in celebration of 72nd Constitution Day on 28th November 2021.
- As coordinator organized the special lecture in celebration of International Human Rights Day on 19th December 2021.