Dr. Kranti Deshmukh
B.A., LL.B., LL.M., NET, Ph.D. (Law)
Principal & Associate Professor
PhD Thesis Title: “Maintenance of Internal Security in India: Contemporary Challenges and Legal Perspectives”
Area of Interest: Constitutional Law, Family Law, Intellectual Property Law, Research Methodology
- “Criminal Justice System vis-à-vis Maintenance of Internal Security-Issues & Challenges with Special Reference to Human Rights” Journal of Minority Rights (A Peer-reviewed Half Yearly Journal)-2014
- “Freedom of Religion & Equality before Law- Issues & Challenges with special reference to Uniform Civil Code” in The Art. 19 (1) (a) Freedom of Speech & Expression-Indexed Peer-Reviewed Half-Yearly Law Journal-2019
- “Sedition Closely Allied to Treason- A Critical Analysis of Sec.124 of I.P.C” in World-wide International Interdisciplinary Journal-2019
- “Development of Right to Privacy in India- A Critical Analysis” in Ad Velorama – An International Peer Reviewed Research Referred Quarterly Journal- Volume V, Issue II April –June 2018
- “Women & Crime- The rising new branch of Crime” in Heritage Journal-UGC care List approved International Indexed & Referred Journal having impact factor of 6.6
- “Terrorism reflects a global threat to human rights- Challenges & Response- A study with Special reference to India’s Security Control” in book Dialectics & Dynamics of Human Rights in the year 2013
- “Rising Consumer Disputes against Medical Professionals and its impact on Doctor-Patient relationship with Special reference to Consumer Protection Act-1986” in Studies in Indian Place Names with ISSN no. 2394-3114 Vol:40 issue: 60 Month: March Year: 2020 having Impact factor:6.3
- “Transparency & Accountability in Governance & public Services in International Conferences on Liberation & Globalization- Changing Legal Paradigm” on 14th to 16th July 2016 at National Law School of India University, Bangalore
- “Administration of Criminal Justice System vis-à-vis Maintenance of Internal Security- Reflection of Center-State Relationship” in 36th All India Criminology Conference of the Indian Society of Criminology” conducted by National Law University, Delhi from 15th to 17th February 2013.
- “Non-Traditional Threats to India’s Security & Reflection” in XXth Nation Congress for Defiance Studies & National Seminar conducted by Department of Defense & Strategic Studies & Yashwantrao Chavan National Center of International Security & Defense Analysis on 4th & 5th Feb 2011
- “Challenge before Legal Education in New Era” National Seminar On “Meeting New Challenges-The Role of Legal Education” conducted by Balaji Law College, Pune on 28.08.2010
- “Use of children in Drug Abuse” at state level seminar on “Children in Conflict with Law- A Socio-Legal Phenomena” conducted by Modern Law College, Pune on 22nd & 23rd of August 2008
- “Judicial Proceedings – A tool for maintaining Judicial Standards” International Conference on Transparency & Accountability in Governance: Issues & Challenges” conducted by National Law University Delhi on 13th & 14th October 2012.
- Invited as Resource Person by Department of Law-Savitribai Phule University to deliver a lecture to Ph.D. research scholars on the Topic “Research Design” on 11/08/2018.
- Invited as Resource Person for one day Basic Training Programme on Human Rights by Maharshi Karve Stri Sansth on the topic “Rights of Women & Children” on 28.01.2020.
- Invited as Resource person & Speaker for Technical session at National Seminar on “ Democratic set up under Indian Constitution” arranged by Sarsenapati Hambirrao Mohite College, Rajgurunagar
- Invited to Deliver Guest Lecture on the topic “ Hindu Joint Family, Coparcenary System & Hindu Succession” by Dr. D.Y. Patil Law College, Pune on 11/02/2016
- Invited to Deliver Guest Lecture on the topic “Muslim Personal Law” by Shri Shivaji Maratha Law College, Pune on 29/9/2015
- Invited as a resource person by MM Architecture College, Pune in “SAMWAD” lecture series on the topic “Preamble & Indian Constitution”
- Invited as a resource person in Faculty Development Program to deliver an address on the topic “Teaching techniques in Law” by Sarsenapati Hambirrao Mohite College, Rajgurunagar on 25/11/2019
- Invited to deliver a Guest lecture on “Women Empowerment” by Tikkram Jaganath College of Arts, Commerce & Science on 22/12/2019
- Invited to deliver Guest Lecture on the Topic “Intellectual Property Rights- Issues, Challenges & New Trends” in Faculty Development Program arranged by MM College of Commerce, Pune
- Invited to Chair & moderate the technical session of National Seminar on the topic “Laws & Feminism” by Modern Law College
- Invited to Judge the final round of National Moot Court Competition by Modern Law College, Pune
- Till now guided 50 students for Post-Graduate Dissertation research work on various topics of Law.
- Appointed as a Member of Syllabus Drafting Committee-Law by Savitribai Phule Pune University in the Year 2017
- Member- Board of Studies in Symbiosis Distance Education Center, Pune
- Member- Board of Studies in MIT-World Peace University for Law Department
- Appointed as Member (Legal-expert) in Ethics Committee of B J Medical College, Pune
- Appointed as member of Departmental Integrity Committee of ILS Law College
- Appointed as Director-Central Assessment Program (LAW) by Savitribai Phule Pune University for the Examination of May-2014, October-2014 & May-2016 & October 2019
- Appointed as Member of CAP Monitoring Committee by Savitribai Phule Pune University
- Appointed as Member of Equivalence Committee by Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune