Dr. Bhagwan Gawali
B.A. (Eng.) LL.B., LL.M. (Criminal Law), Ph.D. (Law)
Assistant Professor (Law)
PhD Thesis: “Law and Process of Investigation by Central Bureau of Investigation in Administration of Criminal Justice: A Critical Analysis”
Area of Interest: Criminal Law, Constitutional Law, Law and Social Transformation in India, Comparative Constitutional Law & Criminology & Penology, Research Methodology
|Name of Post||Total Years of Experience||From||To||Name of College/University|
|Assistant Professor||7 Years & 08 months||17/01/2013||Till Date||MMM’s Shankarrao Chavan Law College affiliated to Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune.|
|Assistant Professor||3 Years||01/07/2006||01/07/2009||Balaji Law College affiliated to Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune.|
|Research Scholar||3 Years & 6 Months||21/07/2009||6/01/2013||Rajiv Gandhi School of IP Law, IIT Kharagpur–having experience to take lectures, Presentations, Moot court etc. minimum 8 lectures for a week.|
|Lawyer||1 Years & 3 Months||April 2005||June 2006||Worked as Lawyer with in District & Sessions Court Shivajinagar, Pune|
|Degree Classes||Constitutional Law, Criminology & Penology, Administrative Law & Public Interest Lawyering|
|Post-Graduate Classes||Constitutional Law, Law and Social Transformation in India, Comparative Constitutional Law & Criminology & Penology, Criminal Law, Research Methodology|
- Bhagwan R. Gawali and Dr. Dipa Dube, Law and Process of Investigation by Central Bureau of Investigation: Issues and Perspectives Indian Journal of Human Rights and the Law, Vol. 10 number 1- 2 January- December 2013 (Pp. 51- 78).
- Bhagwan R. Gawali and Dr. Dipa Dube, The Notion of Single Directive: An Impediment to Investigation by Central Bureau of Investigation in India International Journal of Juridical Sciences (IIJJS)Vol. 1 Issue 2, September 2012. (Pp. 89- 101).
- Dr. Dipa Dube and Bhagwan R. Gawali, Reparative Justice towards Rape Victims in India International Journal of Advanced Research in Management & Social Sciences Vol. 1 No.3 Sept. 2012 (pp.257- 269).
- Bhagwan R. Gawali and Dr. Dipa Dube, Meeting the Naxalite Challenge through SalwaJudum, Journal of Law and Society 1(1), 2011 (pp. 105-114).
- Dr.Dipa Dube, Indrajit Dube, Bhagwan R. Gawali, Subhechhya Haldar, Women in BPO Sector in India- Individual Aspirations and Societal Challenges, Asian Social Sciences, Vol 8. No.7, June 2012 (pp. 157- 183).
- Paper presented on Towards Democratization of Indian Police: Introducing the concept of Autonomy and Accountability at 36th All India Criminology Conference of the Indian Society of Criminology (ISC) on ‘Rethinking Criminal Justice in 21st Century’ organized by National Law University, Delhi, 2013.
- Paper presented on Constitution, Rule of Law and Police in India at ‘Issues and Challenges in Investigation of Crimes and Police Accountability’ jointly organized by Sinhgad Law College and University of Pune, 2015.
- Paper presented on Victimization in the Wake of Naxalite Violence-A Prospective Study at the 3 rd International & 7 the Biennial Conference of the Indian Society of Victimology on ‘Victim Justice in Changing World: Issues and Challenges’, at KIIT Law School, Bhubaneswar, India, 2011.
- Paper presented on Police Reforms and Developmental Process in India in 33 rd All India Criminology Conference on ‘Criminal Justice System: Challenges and Future Agenda’, University of Kashmir, Srinagar, India, 2009.
- Law enforcement agencies – Police and Investigating Agencies: A gateway to Access to Justice at TISS Seminar on Access to Criminal and Correction Justice, Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai, January 2018.
- Revisiting Reforms in Central Bureau of Investigation: Two decades after Supreme Court’s decision in Vineet Narain v. Union of India and Journey Ahead at 40th All India Criminology Conference, Gujarat National Law University, Attalika Avenue, Knowledge Corridor, Koba, Gandhinagar (Gujarat) January 2018
- Participated in an International Conference on, “Crime and Justice in Changing World”, organized by the Indian Society of Criminology in association with the University of Calcutta and Madras University, at Kolkata, from Feb. 23rd to 25th 2007.
- Participated in an International Seminar on “Forensic Science and Law: Challenges of Terrorism and Financial Fraud” jointly organized by Symbiosis law school & Sheffield Hallam University on March 07, 2009.
- Participated in a National Seminar on, “New Challenges in Legal Education”, on January 24th to 25th, 2004, at Symbiosis Law School, Pune.
- Participated in National Seminar on, “New Advances in the Field of Forensic Science and Medical Jurisprudence”, on Jan. 8, 2005, at Symbiosis Law School, Pune.
- Participated in National Seminar on, “Pre-Monsoon Disaster Preparedness and Volunteerism”, organized by Department of Law, Mumbai University, The American Centre USA, Mumbai, And disaster management training institute, Mumbai, on June 2nd, 2007.
- Participated in a state-level seminar on, “Evolving trends in Teaching Pedagogy” organized by D.E.S. Law college in association with University of Pune, on 5th Oct. 2008.
- Participated in a “National Leprosy Abolition Programme” organized by the Department of Health, Govt. of Maharashtra from January 30th to Feb. 5th, 1999.
- Completed Central Orientation Program organized by UGC- Human Resource Development Centre, Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune for 28 Days in February- March, 2019.
- Completed Three Days Workshop on “Design and Developing MOOCs” on 20th -22nd August, 2019
- Completed Faculty Development Programme jointly organized by A.K.K. New Law Academy, Pune and Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune from 14 January 2016 to 20 January 2016 at A.K.K. New Law Academy, Pune.
- Resource person to chair the session in Two Days National Seminar on ‘Reflection of Privacy Laws in contemporary era’ by Modern Law College, Pune in 2017
- Resource person appointed in Refresher Course organized by in Dr. D.Y. Patil Law College, Pune on behalf of UGC, New Delhi.
- Invited as a Resource Person for the Two-Day National Conference on “The Unexplored Criminal Law" on the topic Investigative Agencies beyond CRPC on the 20th January 2017 at ILS Law College, Pune
- Guided more than 49 students for successful completion of LL.M. Dissertations and presently 12 students’ dissertations are in progress.