About The Centre
(Registration No: – 50076/P)
Registered under Bombay Public Trust Act, 1950
Certificate Courses to enhance legal skills
With the intention of crossing the barriers of traditional teaching, learning methodology and specifically to bridge the gap between theory and practice, SCLC in the academic year 2016-2017 established the Centre for Advanced Legal Research & Training.
The Center for Advanced Legal Research and Training is an attempt to provide opportunities for overall development of students and make them acquainted with skills and processes which are required in this noble profession. Since its foundation it has successfully imparted training to many students. The overwhelming response of students for these certificate courses has become a motivation for future plans of this centre to take its students centric activity to the higher level and act as a catalyst for nurturing the future lawyers.
- To impart training to students for enhancement of basic knowledge and skills for effective advocacy.
- To cross barriers of traditional teaching- learning methodology and give maximum exposure for students.
- To provide practical hands-on training that will enable the budding lawyers to successfully enter, hold and sustain themselves in this noble profession of law.
- Personality Development & Communication Skills (CALRT/PDCS/I)
- Certificate Course in Tools and Techniques of Mediation and Negotiation (CALRT/MEDI/I-20)
- Certificate Course in Contract Drafting (CALRT/CONTD/I-19)
- Certificate Course in Forensic Science and Medical Jurisprudence
- Certificate Course in Advanced Legal Research and Methodology (CALRT/ALR&M/II)
- Certificate Course in Litigation: Court Practice and Procedure (CALRT/LITI/III)
- Certificate Course in Crime Investigation and Trial (CALRT/Cr. I &T/IV)
- Certificate Course in Corporate Training (CALRT/CORPORATE/V)
- Judicial Examination Foundation Course (CALRT/JUDICOM/VI)
- Certificate Course in Fundamentals of Conveyancing (CALRT/CONVE/VI)
- Certificate Course in Arbitration: Law & Practice
- Certificate Course on Key Elements in Appreciation of Evidence
Salient Features of Courses
- Participative learning methods such as case study, workshops, seminars etc.
- Guidance from expertise & industry professionals
- Collaboration with experts
- Experiential learning
- Field visits
- Enriching experience to inculcate professional skills
Who Can Apply
Students pursuing any degree, pursuing law degree, Law graduates, Law professionals
Detailed notice with the schedule of the course will be notified on the website. Interested students have to take admission by filing the prescribed form. Due to the pandemic situation, all certificate courses are conducted only through online mode.
a. The Centre for Advanced Legal
Research and Training( CALRT) has been a great initiative by the faculties of the college. It provides for a variety of skill enhancing courses, right from personality development to criminal, civil and Contract drafting modules.I have personally taken up
1 course each year and my experience has been great in all the 4 courses. Expert personalities were called to deliver the lectures and great conceptual clarity was provided in every course. I feel it is a one stop solution to learn those extra skills which will make one stand out in the crowd and is certainly an asset to the resume.
– Chandralekha Deshmukh,
(B.A.LL.B. IV year)
b. CALRT of SCLC provides various courses for
their students to upgrade their skill and master their learning in the field of law. I was privileged to be a part of the Certificate Course in Contract Drafting where over the year, we were taught both the theory and practical way to draft contracts. The thing I liked about the course was that the module was flexible as per the students needs and the important topics were taught in detail. It is an advanced course where we had the best of faculty who helped us throughout and were very cooperative. This module has personally taught me how to draft contracts with confidence and I am grateful to the college for conducting such insightful courses for their students.
– Farheen Rajwani,
(B.A.LL.B. IV year)
c. Being a Law student of B.A.LL. B 2nd year I was eager to know about the law subjects. Though in the 2nd year I didn’t have any subject related to law but through the crime investigation course conducted by our college it became possible. I learnt a lot and it gave me a good grounding in the basics. It really made me think and I like how it enabled me to interact with the people through the practical work. When I visited the Forensic lab it’s just an amazing thing and was thecherry on the cake moment for me.
– Amruta Borge
(B.A.LL.B. II year)
d. The course of Crime Investigation and Trial is very helpful especially for those students who are sincerely interested in the subject of Crime and is planning to practice in the Criminal field.
While applying for any course, theory is what the students fear the most. But this entire course not only imparted the theoretical based knowledge but also explained the practical implication of the same. Different speakers/ mentors from different aspects were invited to clear various concepts and misconceptions related to their particular sub sections of the entire theme. It covered cybercrime, too. Apart from this, a visit to the forensic lab was one of the best thing covered under this course. In the forensic lab also there were experts present at different departments who gave a detailed explanation of how that particular department actually works and how it helps to solve different criminal cases. The case study also became a part of this course. The main thing to appreciate is that lockdown due to Covid 19 did not become a hindrance. College also conducted some online lectures which helped us a lot. Within some minimal amount of fees getting deep knowledge in such an interesting field like crime was a really very useful and beneficial one.
– Rutuja Gundecha:-
(B.A.LL.B. III year)
Various certificate courses conducted by the Centre have boosted the development of different skill sets among the students. Centre is proud about its achievements which can be summed up as follows:-
- Majority of the certificate courses impart practical knowledge pertaining to specific areas such as Litigation: Court Practice and Procedure, Crime Investigation and Trial. The expert and focused guidance received in these courses has helped students to have a swift start in the practice.
- Students who have completed the certificate course in Advanced Legal Research and Methodology have published their research articles in various journals of repute with ISBN
- Students of Personality Development and Communication Skills have formed one discussion forum, Principium which is exclusively runned by students. This forum conducts discussions about various current topics of socio legal importance .
Eminent Resources of Centre
- Hon’ble Justice A. V. Nirgude, former judge High Court of Bombay addressed the students of ‘Crime Investigation and Trial’ on the topic How to prove the fact on 11/1/2020
- Mr. Sudhir Kale,Chairman, Permanent Lok Adalat, Pune delivered a lecture on “ framing of issues” for the students of Litigation: Court Practice and Procedure on 9/03/2019
- Dr. Meera Borwankar former IPS officer guided students on the topic ‘Prison Reforms’ on 6/8/2020
- Adv. Dr Uday Warunjikar, senior lawyer from Bombay High Court addressed students on the topic of Examination of Witnesses on 8/2/2020
- Dr. Atmaram Shelke, Deputy Director of Symbiosis Law School delivered the lecture on ‘How to write Research Article’ on 25/3/2019
- Dr. Jyoti Bhakare, Head of Department of Law, Pune delivered the lecture on the topic “Introduction to Legal Research” on 06/08/2018
- Mr. Rajesh Puranik, Police Inspector, Traffic Branch, Pune guided students on Role of Investigating agencies on 28/9/2019
- Ms.Dhanashree Ghare, eminent educational psychologist conducted the workshop on positive thinking for the students of Personality Development and Communication Skills
- Adv. Rishikesh Ganu, eminent lawyer form Pune guided students on Drafting of Bail on 28/09/2019
- Dr. Rohini Honap, principal of D.E.S. NFLC delivered lecture on Jurisprudential aspects of crime on 1/10/2019
- Mr. H.P. Deshmukh, Senior Academician delivered lecture for the students of Crime Investigation and Trial on the topic of “Concept of Crime and Stages in commission of Crime” on 10/08/2018
- Dr. Shashikant Hajare, Principal of Army Law College Pune addressed students on Rights of Accused on 3/10/2019
- Mr. Abhijeet Pujari shared his experiences with students of Crime Investigation and Trial on the topic ‘Fighting for Justice’ on 4/10/2019
- Dr. Nilima Bhadbhade conducted the course of Contract Drafting in the academic year 2019-2020
- Adv. Abhijeet Hartalkar delivered a lecture on Leave and License Agreement on 7.7.2020
- Adv. Ashotosh Naik, Senior Academician guided students of JMFC module on the topic of Criminal procedure Code on 12/3/2019
- Mr. Sidharth Chauhan, Assistant Professor , NALSAR University of Law, Hyderabad delivered a lecture for students of Advanced Legal Research and Methodology on the topic of “Framing of Research problem and Hypothesis” on 28/12/2018
- Adv. Vrushali Vaidya guided the students of Contract Drafting on Arbitration Clause on 7/7/2020
- Adv Deepti Dole delivered a lecture on Joint Venture Agreement on 8/7/2020
- Mr. Gaurav Pingale, Company Secretary imparted a lecture on Share Purchase agreement on 25/7/2020
- Adv. Pramod Bendre delivered the lecture on the topic of Conceptual understanding of Property on 11.10 2019 in the certificate course of Fundamentals of Conveyancing
- Adv. Nikhil Savkar our aluminous gave the demonstration on Registration process on 3/1/2020 for the students of Fundamentals of Conveyancing
- Adv. Shree Dattaprasad Abhang delivered the lecture on the topic of Ascertaining marketable title on 21/1/2020
- Adv. Arvind Jagtap delivered the lecture on the topic Ascertaining Marketable title on 23/01/2020
- Adv. Achyut Ghadge our alumnus delivered the lecture on 7/12 extract on 29/8/2020 in the Certificate Course of Fundamentals of Conveyance
- Adv. Swaroop Godbole guided students of Fundamentals of Conveyancing on the topic of RERA on 3/9/2020
- Ms. Shweta Goswami, corporate soft skill trainer conducted the workshop for the students of Personality Development and Communication Skills
You can find the brochure here.