Marathwada Mitra Mandal, an emerging power in education, has made rapid strides, making all their institutions as one amongst all premier institutions in India. With the Mission ‘Quality education for Masses’, MMM has started Shankarrao Chavan Law College in the year 2003. The College is affiliated to Savitribai Phule Pune University, approved by Bar Council of India, recognized by Government of Maharashtra with an ISO Certification and accredited with ‘A’ Grade by NAAC. And thus stands as one of the premier law colleges in India. As MMM’s SCLC aims to emerge as an Institution of Legal Education with student centred outcome which emphasizes the pursuit of excellence in legal fundamentals and preparation for professional practice. We, as an institution also wish to cross barriers of traditional teaching-learning methodology and want to give maximum exposure which is required for the students.
About the Centre
Centre for Law, Public Policy & Governance (CLPPG) focuses on idea of justice through the means and modes of governance. It aims at understanding, critiquing, and reforming the laws, public policies and building the practical approach for the same. It aims in action-oriented research and capacity development in the stakeholders regarding the public policy and good governance. The centre works on the various frontiers such as policy framing, capacity building, empirical research, inculcating drafting skills through various programmes and courses, supporting and developing the interest of students in legislative drafting through competitions and various discussions, Collaborating with different institutions government, non-governmental organisations for the consultation and research and assisting them in policy-formulation
Vision & Motto
धर्मो विश्वस्य जगत: प्रतिष्ठा लोके धर्मिष्ठं प्रजा उपसर्पन्ति।
धर्मेण पापमपनुदति धर्मे सर्वं प्रतिष्ठितं तस्मात् धर्मं परमं वदन्ति।
( तैत्तिरीय आरण्यक १०.६३ )
Dharma is the main stay of the whole world. To the very pious go the people. One drives away sin with Dharma. Everything is dependent upon Dharma. That is why Dharma is said to be Supreme. In Indian literature we find that the Dharma is the eternal and inherent nature of reality, it is a cosmic law underlying right behaviour and social order. Thus dharma shall be focused more to have welfare of each individual on the earth and welfare of the earth too as described by Kautilya in his Arthashastra. And with this vision the activities of this centre are designed to have law and policy reforms. The Centre also intends to serve as a platform for all stakeholders associated with law and policy process.
Centre for Law, Public Policy & Governance (CLPPG) aims at-
1. Understanding, critiquing, and reforming the laws, public policies
2. Building the practical approach for the Law, Public Policy and Governance.
3. Action-oriented research in Drafting and formulating the policies and regulations
4. Capacity development in the stakeholders regarding the public policy and good governance.
5. Supporting and developing the interest of students and inculcating skills in legislative or policy drafting
The Centre has the following objectives:
- To build-up practical based approach of implementing jurisprudential and constitutional theories in framing law and policy
- To undertake research leading to curb the problems and challenges the society and the states have.
- To provide analysis of various laws and policies in India as well as at an international platform.
- To understand the legal systems and Society through Socio-Economic, Politico-Legal aspects and accordingly make recommendations to have peace, justice, security and stability to each entity on the Earth.
- To provide a forum for discussion, debate and interaction among all stakeholders in the policy process.
- To build collaborative networks of researchers, policy-makers and citizens nationally and internationally.
- To disseminate our findings and views through publications.
Asst. Prof. Sourabh Ubale
The Centre has following activities-
- Late Hon’ble Shri Shankarrao Chavan National Legislation Drafting Competition – The Centre is organising the National Legislation Drafting Competition every year in the memory of Hon’ble Late Shri Shankarrao Chavan- Founder President of Marathwada Mitra Mandal, Pune and Former Chief Minister of Maharashtra starting in 2020 which is to be celebrated his Birth Centenary year. We invite legislative drafts from students on national issues. Top 10 drafts will get published and forwarded to the appropriate authority.
- Research Project – Undertaking the research projects in relation with Law, Public Policy and Governance
- Certificate Course in Public Policy – for students and various stakeholders
- Professional Training Programme – with collaborative networks of researchers, policy-makers and various Governmental and Non-Governmental Organisations.
- Special Lectures – pertaining to Law, Public Policy and Governance especially focusing on content and process of formation.
- Consultancy – to various Governmental and Non-Governmental Organisations and other stakeholders in policy analysis and policy formulation.
- E-Content Development – of publications, discussions, debates and interactions.