About the Center
The MMM’s Shankarrao Chavan Law College, Pune is starting Centre for Criminal Justice Administration (CCJA) for study and Research in all stakeholders of Criminal Justice Administration which includes; Investigation (Police), Prosecution, Court and Prison Administration which includes other important players/stakeholders i.e. accused, victim of crime, witness and Juveniles etc.
- To organized awareness programmes for students in the forms of Guest Lectures, Conferences, Seminars, Workshops, Webinars and study tours etc.
- To undertake research projects in coordination with Funding agencies, Government departments, Think Tanks and NGO’s working in the area of CJA.
- To inculcate and promote the research skills amongst the interested students and guide them in submitting and presenting research papers in conferences and seminars. The CCJA will guide the students to publish research papers in reputed national and International Journals.
- To critically evaluate the laws, Government Policies, Expert Committee Reports and Judgments of Constitutional Courts on Criminal Justice Administration.
- To form the study groups amongst the students and assign them the topics of contemporary importance.
In future, the CCJA would be organizing expert lectures, workshops and conferences on various topic related to Criminal Justice System.
Dr. Bhagwan Gawali