Objectives of Centre for ADR
- Centre aims to help provide justice to all.
- To establish collaboration and connect with the governmental and non-governmental authorities/institutions working in the area of alternative dispute resolution.
- Centre endeavours to provide support to resolve disputes amicably with the maximum satisfaction of the disputants.
- To become a trustworthy and easy to access centre to assist disputants from all aspects to resolve their dispute.
- To make people aware about all the possible ways of dispute resolution. (About private methods such as negotiation, mediation, arbitration as well as state supported methods such as Lok Adalat and Permanent Lok Adalat.)
- To provide training to the stakeholders such as prospective mediators, arbitrators, and student volunteers to help state supported ADR methods.
- To organize seminars/conferences/workshops for awareness about the methods of ADR and their effectiveness in resolving disputes.
- To conduct pragmatic research in the area of alternative dispute resolution and suggest state authorities about necessary steps for improving the ADR mechanism.
Benefits of ADR
- Speedy disposal of dispute
- Flexibility in procedure
- Expert’s involvement in the process
- Party autonomy – Time-Place-Language
- Control of parties throughout the process
- Peace of mind
- Relationship is maintained
Activities to be conducted
- Connect with District Legal Services Authority, Pune to assist them in resolving disputes, especially by mediation.
- To establish a panel of expert and experienced mediators and arbitrators.
- To work as a facilitation centre to help resolve disputes between the parties.
- Spreading awareness about ADR by conducting Expert lectures/State Level/National level workshops/Seminars etc in collaboration with national/international governmental and non-governmental authorities/institutions.
- Conducting training programs for potential mediators and arbitrators.
- Role play activities amongst students to inculcate in them the importance of ADR.
- To establish a separate section in the library for special books on ADR methods.
Asst. Prof. Dr. Sudhir Tarote