Dr. Renu Naidu
B.A. (Political Science), M.A. (Social Work), Ph.D.
PhD Thesis Title: “Tribal Women Students in Higher Education in Delhi: A Study of their Socio-Cultural and Economic Alienation and the Need for Social Work Intervention”
Area of Interest/Research: Sociology
- Jul 1995 – Feb 1997: Worked as Intern at Shradhanand Anathalaya, Nagpur and Bharatiya Adimjati Sevak Sangh, Nagpur, India
- May 1997 – Mar 1999: Worked as Social Worker at Rajiv Gandhi Workforce for the Prevention, Control and Management of AIDS, Delhi, India
- Jun 1999 – Feb 2000: Worked as REsearch Associate at V.V. Giri National Labour Institute, Noida, India
- May 2000 – Feb 2002: Worked as Social Worker at Missionaries of Charity, Delhi, India
- Jan 2003 – Sep 2004: Worked as Area Manager at Don Bosco Organization for Social Concern and Operation (BOSCO), Delhi, India
- Nov 2004 – Dec 2005: Worked as Senior Program Executive at Indo-Global Social Service Society, Delhi, India
- Feb 2006 – Aug 2006: Worked as Contributory Lecturer at MSS College of Social Work, Nagpur, India
- May 2014 – May 2016 : Worked as Facilitator at Fairfax County Department of Family Services, Virginia, USA
- Sep 2018 – Dec 2018: Worked as Public Relations Officer at Navkshitij - Home for Mentally Challenged Adults and Children, Marunji, Pune
- Presented the following two papers at a State/Regional Level Training Program “National Initiative on Child-Adoption”, organized by Voluntary Coordinating Agency, Nagpur, India, sponsored by Central Adoption Resource Agency (CARA), Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Govt. of India. 1. Role of Counseling in Adoption 2. Role of Child Care in an Orphanage
- Participated in National Conference in collaboration with Department of Law, University of Mumbai, on “Creative Economy for Sustainable Development” to celebrate International Year of Creative Economy for Sustainable Development, 19th & 20th April, 2021 (UNCTAD)
- Participated in the Online International Webinar Series on “Law and Opportunities Through Young Brains” organized by MMM’s Shankarrao Chavan Law College, Pune from 13th July – 18th July, 2021.
- National Online seminar on “Contemporary Issues and challenges in Innovation and IP Management” organized by MMM’s Shankarrao Chavan Law College, Pune on 26th April, 2021.
- National conference on “Criminal justice administration in modern India- Issues and a road forward” organized by MMM’s Shankarrao Chavan Law College, Pune 25th & 26th June, 2021.
- Webinar on “Mediation- Upcoming trends in Mediation and Emotional Intelligence to enhance your profession” organized by MMM’s Shankarrao Chavan Law College, Pune, 11th July, 2020.
- Participated in International Conference on “Legal Dimensions of Human Rights in the Technological Realm” held at MMM’s Shankarrao Chavan Law College, Pune on 17th & 18th January, 2020.
- Participated in National Conference on “Transformative Constitutionalism in India: Contemporary Issues and Challenges” held at MMM’s Shankarrao Chavan Law College, Pune on 5th Oct, 2019.
- Underwent Parenting Education Programs facilitator training by Fairfax County Department of Family Services, Virginia, USA.
- Underwent training in Counseling for HIV/AIDS patients in the National Counseling Training Programs of the National AIDS Control Organization (NACO), Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Govt. of India, Delhi.
- Underwent training on Qualitative Research Methods with focus on Infant Feeding Practices and Complementary Nutrition organized by World Vision of India, Dehradun
- Attended Training Program for Social Workers of Placement Agencies, VCA’s and Scrutiny Agencies organized by Central Adoption Resource Agency (CARA), Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Govt. of India, Delhi
- Research Faculty Development Programme on “Open Source Tools for Research” organised by Teaching Learning Centre, Ramanujan College, Delhi University, sponsored by Ministry of Human Resource Development Madan Mohan Malviya National Mission on Teachers and Teaching from 8th June to 14th June, 2020.
- Five days Faculty Development Programme on e- Content Development for Teachers, held at Savitribai Phule Pune University, jointly organised by HRDS, SPPU & School of Education SPPU from 01st June to 5th June, 2020.
- Faculty Development Programme and ICT Training, Multi – Disciplinary Programme, organised by Bhartiya Vidyapeeth deemed University, held at New Law College, Pune on 8th & 9th January, 2020.
- Special Guest Lecture Series on Quality Academic Research under Faculty Development Programme, organized by MMM’s Shankarrao Chavan Law College, Pune on 23rd Nov, 2019.