Dr. Chandramani Bhalerao
M.A. (English), SET, NET, Ph.D. (Defence viva awaited)
Assistant Professor (English)
PhD Thesis Title: A Study of Human Predicament, Displacement, and Nostalgia in My Name is Red (1998), The Glass Palace (2000), The Kite Runner (2003), and The
Book of Negroes (2007)
Area of Interest/Research: General English, English for Law, Legal Language and Legal Reasoning, Law and Literature
- "The Plight of a (Black) Woman in Lawrence Hill’s The Book of Negroes" published in The Criterion: An International Journal in English (Vol. 13, Issue-II, April 2022) with ISSN: 0976-8165.
- "Realism in Khaled Hosseini's The Kite Runner" published in LangLit: An International Peer-Reviewed Open Access Journal (Vol. 8, Issue-III, Feb. 2022) with ISSN 2349-5189.
- "Re-Thinking the Romantic Thought and Vision of Nature: An Ecocritical Reading" published in the International Multilingual Refereed Research Journal Power of Knowledge with ISSN 2320-4494.
- "The Dynamics of Modern Poetry: An Overview" published in the International Academic and Industrial Research Solutions (IAIRS), Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh with ISBN 978-93-83303-59-5.
- "Fiction as a Mirror to the Crisis in Contemporary Indian Society" published by the Research Department of English, Arignar Anna Arts and Science College, Krishnagiri, Tamil Nadu with ISBN 978-81-92666-78-5.
- Presented a research paper in an International Conference on 'The Glass Palace: (De) Gendering Violence and Gender Appropriation' at IIT Patna
- Presented a Research paper in an International Conference on ‘The Dynamics of Modern Poetry: An Overview’ at (IAIRS), Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh. Published with ISBN NO. 978-93-83303-59-5.
- Presented a Research paper in an International Seminar on ‘Post-modern Indian English Literature’ at Bharati Vidyapeth University, Yashwantrao Mohite College, Pune.
- Participated in a National Level Workshop on National Education Policy 2020 organised by ILS Law College, Pune
- Delivered a guest lecture on "Language and Society" at the NSS Camp organised at Ambi village, Tal. Haveli, Pune by SCLC Pune on 22nd Jan. 2023.
- Invited as a Resource Person at the University Level Seminar organized on the theme ‘Understanding Literary Genres’ by Arts and Commerce College, Taharabad. Conducted a technical session on the topic,‘Reader-stand-ciating NOVEL as a Form of Literature’
- Conducted a session on ‘Leadership Development’organized under Soft Skills Development Programme at K. V. N. Naik Arts, Commerce and Science College, Nashik.
- Delivered a guest lecture on 'The Role of Youth in Society' at the NSS Camp (Talegaon, Anjeneri) organised by N.B.Thakur Law College, Nashik on 14th Dec. 2017.