ANTI RAGGING COMMITEE
Ragging strictly prohibited in the premises of the institute. The college has taken all necessary precautions to prevent the act of ragging in college premises. Strong disciplinary action will be initiated if any student found to be guilty in the act of ragging. For prevention & in case of any act of ragging, for necessary procedure the college has established an Anti-Ragging committee as per guidelines of the UGC
- To uphold and comply with the directions of the Hon'ble Supreme Court and be vigilant on nay acts amounting to ragging.
- To publicize to all students and prevalent directives and the actions that can be taken against those indulging in ragging.
- To consider the complaints received from the students and conduct enquiry and submit report to the Anti- Ragging Committee along with punishment recommended for the offenders.
- Oversee the procedure of obtaining undertaking from the students in accordance with the provisions.
- Conduct workshops against ragging menace and orient the students.
- To provide students the information pertaining to contact address and telephone numbers of the person(s) identified to receive complaints/distress calls.
- To offer services of counseling and create awareness to the students.
- To take all necessary measures for prevention of Ragging inside the Campus/ Hostels.
The procedure for handling issues of ragging will be as follows:
A. The information on ragging can be received in the following manner:
- 1. Through the notified contact details of the Committee members, and national help-line number on ragging for necessary relief in terms of the provisions of the UGC Regulations.
- 2. Through any other member of the Institute.
- 3. From any external source.
B. In the event of receipt of information of ragging by any of the officers mentioned at (i) above, he/she will promptly alert/inform the Chairman of the Anti-Ragging Committee of the Institute or any of its members. The activity shall be completed, at the most, within two hour of receipt of this information.
C. The Anti-Ragging Committee of the Institute shall promptly conduct a preliminary on the spot enquiry and collect details of the incident as available prima facie. The preliminary investigation/details of the incident shall be immediately brought to the notice of the Chairman of the Institute. The activity shall be completed, at the most, within twenty hours of receipt of information.
D. The Anti-Ragging Committee of the Institute shall promptly conduct enquiry into the incident as per provisions laid down in Clause 6.3(e) of the UGC Regulations.
E. The Anti-Ragging Committee of the Institute shall complete the enquiry and submit its report along with recommendations to the Chairman of the Anti-Ragging Committee of the Institute within fifteen days of the incident.
F. Thereafter, the said report and recommendations shall be considered by the Anti- Ragging Committee for deciding the punishment on the erring students in terms of provisions contained at Clause 9.1 of the UGC Regulations.
Following behaviour is strictly prohibited in college premises:
- 1. Any act of Indiscipline, Teasing or Handling with Rudeness.
- 2. Any act that Prevents, Disrupts the Regular Academic Activity.
- 3. Any activity which is likely to cause Annoyance, hardship, Psychological Harm or creates Fear or Apprehension.
- 4. Any Act of Financial Extortion or Forceful Expenditure.
- 5. Any Act of Physical Abuse causing Assault, Harm or danger to Health.
- 6. Any Act of abuse by spoken words, emails, SMS or public insult etc.
- 7. Any Act of injury or infringement of the fundamental right to the human dignity.
- 8. Any Act of Wrongful Confinement, Kidnapping, molesting or committing unnatural offences, use of criminal forces, trespass or intimidation.
- 9. Any unlawful assembly or conspiracy to ragging.
Definition of Ragging
Definition of Ragging as per UGC Regulations, 2009:
"Ragging constitutes one or more of any of the following acts:
- a) any conduct by any student or students whether by words spoken or written or by an act which has the effect of teasing, treating or handling with rudeness a fresher or any other student
- b) indulging in rowdy or indiscipline activities by any student or students which causes or is likely to cause annoyance, hardship, physical or psychological harm or to raise fear or apprehension thereof in any fresher or any other student
- c)asking any student to do any act which such student will not in the ordinary course do and which has the effect of causing or generating a sense of shame, or torment or embarrassment so as to adversely affect the physique or psyche of such fresher or any other student
- d) any act by a senior student that prevents, disrupts or disturbs the regular academic activity of any other student or fresher
- e) exploiting the services of a fresher or any other student for completing the academic tasks assigned to an individual or a group of students.
- f) any act of financial extortion or forceful expenditure burden put on a fresher or any other student by students
- g) any act of physical abuse including all variants of it: sexual abuse, homosexual assaults, stripping, forcing obscene and lewd acts, gestures, causing bodily harm or any other danger to health or person
- h) any act or abuse by spoken words, emails, post, public insults which would also include deriving perverted pleasure, vicarious or sadistic thrill from actively or passively participating in the discomfort to fresher or any other student
- i) any act that affects the mental health and self-confidence of a fresher or any other student with or without an intent to derive a sadistic pleasure or showing off power, authority or superiority by a student over any fresher or any other student.
PUNISHMENT TO THOSE FOUND GUILTY
Any student or group of students found guilty of ragging in the campus or even outside the campus shall be liable to one or more of the following punishments-
- (i) Cancellation of admission
- (ii) Suspension from attending classes
- (iii) Withholding/withdrawing scholarship/fellowship and other benefits
- (iv) Debarring from appearing in any test/examination or other evaluation process
- (v) Withholding results
- (vi) Debarring from representing the institution in any regional, national or international meet, tournament, youth festival, etc.
- (vii) Suspension/expulsion from the hostel
- (viii) Rustication from the institution for period ranging from 1 to 4 semesters
- (ix) Expulsion from the institution and consequent debarring from admission to any other institution.
- (ix) Collective punishment: when the persons committing or abetting the crime of ragging are not identified, the institution shall resort to collective punishment as a deterrent to ensure community pressure on the potential raggers.
- Email Us: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Sr. No.||Name of the Member||Designation|
|i.||Dr. Kranti Deshmukh||Chairperson|
|ii.||Dr. Pravin Motiwala||Member|
|iii.||Shri. Suresh Dange||Member|
|iv.||Shri. Santosh Shenai||Member|
|v.||Ms. Anjali Pawar||Member|
|vi.||Dr. Vikas Bhatnagar||Member|
|vii.||Asst. Prof. Gajendra Dhamal||Member|
|viii.||Mrs. Supriya Kumkale||Member|
|ix.||Mrs. Seema Khadke||Member|
|x.||Adv. Shubhangi Deshmukh||Member|
|xi.||Shri. Sudam Gaike||Member|
|xii.||Representative of students (Boy)||Member|
|xiii.||Representative of students (Boy)||Member|
|xiv.||Representative of students (Girls)||Member|
|xv.||Representative of students (Girls)||Member|